How it all started
SpoonfulOne was invented by a globally recognized pediatric allergist, Dr. Kari Nadeau, to be the most complete food allergy protection system based on two critical observations:
- Less than 7% of food allergies in the U.S. develop to peanut alone. Since experts recognize the safety of feeding multiple potential allergens early, SpoonfulOne was designed to include the food groups associated with over 90% of food allergies.
- Protection takes consistent feeding over months to years, which has proven extremely challenging for families. SpoonfulOne’s delicious, child-friendly formats make “early and often” feedings possible.
Our very first customers were parents of school-aged children with a food allergy who were passionate about doing something proactive for their new healthy babies. Given everything they understood about living with a food allergy, they would settle for nothing less than a state-of-the art approach for their baby.
- Coverage of the 9 most critical commonly allergenic food groups
- Formats that can be fed from infancy through toddlerhood and beyond
- Products that are delicious enough to make daily feedings successful.
We listened and then we went even further: Conducting placebo controlled research on our products, scrutinizing the protein integrity of every component of our products, and reaching out to the pediatrician community to lock arms with them as our partners in educating parents about the new science.
Because at SpoonfulOne we are Doctors and Scientists; Chefs and Manufacturers; Writers and Educators. But above all else we are Parents. And we have developed SpoonfulOne to be the best it can be for your children and ours.
Our Foundational Food Blend
Designed specifically for the Food Allergy Protection Plan, each product includes a spoonful of our Foundational Food Blend — small, gentle amounts of peanuts along with milk, shellfish (shrimp), tree nuts (almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, pecans, pistachios, and walnuts), egg, fish (cod and salmon), grains (oats and wheat), soy, and sesame.
Validated protein integrity
Only SpoonfulOne validates its products’ proteins in order to meet our scientists’ exacting standards and to ensure structural integrity. SpoonfulOne has tested hundreds of foods to find an optimal combination of proteins for the greatest coverage of relevant proteins.
SpoonfulOne is made from real, wholesome foods and is certified organic by Oregon Tilth. From North America to New Zealand, we source only the highest quality foods to include the best proteins for our Foundational Food Blend—no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.